One of the greatest fears seniors have is the loss of their ability to live independently. For those who need assistance with activities of daily living, like bathing, dressing, preparing meals and taking medication, an assisted living residence provides a supportive solution.
As residents grow older and more frail, however, (today the average age in an assisted living residence is 85*) many have disabilities and multiple chronic conditions, which, if not managed properly, can limit the freedom they value so much. While assisted living communities excel at providing personal care, and many also offer important preventive and wellcare services, their mission simply does not include comprehensive medical or clinical treatment. The aging of America means that this is a growing problem, nationwide.
Fidelis SecureCare contracts with the federal government under the Medicare Advantage Program to provide Medicare benefits plus enhanced coverage specifically designed for this special needs population.
Fidelis SecureCare is dedicated to bringing more frequent and focused clinical care to qualifying seniors at home…care that is coordinated, clinically superior, compassionate and attentive to their individual and total needs.
Fidelis SecureCare provides a vital clinical overlay that compliments the services of the assisted living residence staff. This affordable healthcare solution actually expands a Member’s health coverage beyond Medicare, and includes
- On-site clinical visits and healthcare services by a primary care team
- Ongoing monitoring and assessment of Members’ health status
- Individually-tailored Member Management Care Plans that support existing care plans or service plans in the place of residence
- Complete Part D Prescription Drug coverage—included in one convenient plan
- Scheduling and paid transportation for medically necessary off-site appointments
- Preventive care and screenings, including vision, dental and hearing services
- Monitoring and managing of prescribed medications
- Coordination of all providers involved in each Member’s ongoing care
- Enhanced communication among all providers and family members or responsible parties
- Virtually no claim forms to file or paperwork to manage
Learn more by downloading a Fidelis SecureCare brochure or click on Frequently Asked Questions.
Fidelis SecureCare is currently available to qualified assisted living residents in Michigan and North Carolina. To find out about coverage in your area, click Our Plan If you need further information, feel free to Contact Us.